WiFi OnBoard

Technical support for Insane Audio's JK1001

WiFi OnBoard

Postby stitch8819 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:12 am

The option for on-board Wifi is that something I can get through Verizon so I can have interent straight to the head unit and turn it into a hotspot like the new chevy cars have?
stitch8819

Re: WiFi OnBoard

Postby InsaneAudioSupport » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:08 pm

stitch8819 wrote:The option for on-board Wifi is that something I can get through Verizon so I can have interent straight to the head unit and turn it into a hotspot like the new chevy cars have?

Sure -- some folks get a portable hotspot (also called a "MiFi") and just leave it in the glovebox.

Unlike the new Chevy cars, however, Insane Audio's JK1001 is a fully unlocked version of android so you can download just about any app you want and access the internet in an unrestricted manner. :)
InsaneAudioSupport

Postby senor_monty » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:23 am

InsaneAudioSupport wrote:
stitch8819 wrote:The option for on-board Wifi is that something I can get through Verizon so I can have interent straight to the head unit and turn it into a hotspot like the new chevy cars have?

Sure -- some folks get a portable hotspot (also called a "MiFi") and just leave it in the glovebox.

Unlike the new Chevy cars, however, Insane Audio's JK1001 is a fully unlocked version of android so you can download just about any app you want and access the internet in an unrestricted manner. :)

I'm actually really interested in this, since I've plugged in the MiFi into my unit, but I don't exactly know of any apps that can utilize it. I figured that the unit would've pulled the internet right off of the device itself when I plugged in. Any suggestions on apps to get it to work?
senor_monty

Postby InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:07 pm

senor_monty wrote:I'm actually really interested in this, since I've plugged in the MiFi into my unit, but I don't exactly know of any apps that can utilize it. I figured that the unit would've pulled the internet right off of the device itself when I plugged in. Any suggestions on apps to get it to work?

We're a little confused by this, Senior Monty! A MiFi, or portable hotspot, is a standalone unit that uses a cell tower to provide 4G internet. You don't plug anything into your Insane Audio head unit. You simply connect via WiFi. Feel free to hit up our support staff and they can step you through it if you'd like -- support@insanejeepaudio.com
InsaneAudioSupport

Postby senor_monty » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:40 am

I'll include it in my email, but I'm talking about the Verizon MiFi 4G LTE Global USB Modem U620L.
senor_monty

Postby InsaneAudioSupport » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:12 pm

senor_monty wrote:I'll include it in my email, but I'm talking about the Verizon MiFi 4G LTE Global USB Modem U620L.

Ahhh. OK. Unfortunately, that device is for a PC only. In theory, it could work with an Android device like ours but Verizon would have to write the drivers for it. You are better off just using a stand alone unit and leaving it in your glovebox. Since you're using Verizon, something like this would work -- https://www.verizonwireless.com/interne ... ifi-7730l/
InsaneAudioSupport

Postby senor_monty » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:21 am

Ahhh. OK. Unfortunately, that device is for a PC only. In theory, it could work with an Android device like ours but Verizon would have to write the drivers for it. You are better off just using a stand alone unit and leaving it in your glovebox. Since you're using Verizon, something like this would work -- https://www.verizonwireless.com/interne ... ifi-7730l/[/quote]

Ah, I gotcha. So I kinda know the answer to this question already in this case,but since the 2001 will receive internet wirelessly from the Jetpack, can the 2001 also push mobile hotspot at the same time?
senor_monty

Return to JK1001 Specific Tech Support