icon to see back up camera

Questions and answers relating to installation of Insane Audio's JK1001

Re: icon to see back up camera

Postby admin » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:02 am

JAHII wrote:Do you have to ground the camera using the little black wire that comes with the insane audio camera? In the manual with it it just says plug the yellow to video in and hook up the red wire to a power source (like your tail light). I did it with a ground off the black wire and am getting no video when in reverse. Can someone from tech support email me or call me? I'd really like to put my dash back together. Also, I can't figure out how to change the backlit color from red to blue. ANYONE know how? Thanks.

Hey, JAHII. Hit up our support staff at support@insanejeepaudio.com and they'lll be happy to help you. That's by far the fastest way to receive specific tech support.

Yes -- your camera's power wire needs both the positive and negative wires connected. Most folks just tap into a reverse light circuit. This post is also useful for troubleshooting -- viewtopic.php?f=22&t=466 Again, though. E-mailing our support staff is by far the fastest way to get individual tech support and our guys are happy to help!

You can change your LED backlight colors through settings -> element.

Happy New Year!!
admin
Site Admin

Postby JAHII » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:36 pm

Thanks for the answer. I already have a b/u camera hooked up to a monitor but it doesn't use RCA cords to connect, unfortunately. The good part of this is I've already got a power wire hooked up to a taillight, just wasn't sure about the little black wire coming off Insane Audio's system camera. But the best part of this setup is that my wife hated the way it looked in my Jeep so she wanted me to get a monitor like the one that came OEM in her car. Once I told her that MOPAR's version was like $1800, she didn't seem to dislike the monitor and wires as much. She said, "Surely there has to be a less expensive alternative out there. Why don't you check on the computer? " And THAT'S how I ended up with your head unit! And the JK-1001 is soooo much better than the Jeep one. It's like night and day. I just hooked it up and have to take my time because here in Michigan the high today was 28°. Tough to use my hands in weather like that. Luckily, it warmed up to the mid-40s two days after Christmas so I didn't have to worry breaking any of the clips holding in the dash and the wires were malleable enough for the install. 8-) Ordered my 84GB micro SD card and it should be here within a day or so, and I'm looking forward to getting started.
JAHII

Postby InsaneAudioSupport » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:13 am

JAHII wrote:Thanks for the answer. I already have a b/u camera hooked up to a monitor but it doesn't use RCA cords to connect, unfortunately. The good part of this is I've already got a power wire hooked up to a taillight, just wasn't sure about the little black wire coming off Insane Audio's system camera. But the best part of this setup is that my wife hated the way it looked in my Jeep so she wanted me to get a monitor like the one that came OEM in her car. Once I told her that MOPAR's version was like $1800, she didn't seem to dislike the monitor and wires as much. She said, "Surely there has to be a less expensive alternative out there. Why don't you check on the computer? " And THAT'S how I ended up with your head unit! And the JK-1001 is soooo much better than the Jeep one. It's like night and day. I just hooked it up and have to take my time because here in Michigan the high today was 28°. Tough to use my hands in weather like that. Luckily, it warmed up to the mid-40s two days after Christmas so I didn't have to worry breaking any of the clips holding in the dash and the wires were malleable enough for the install. 8-) Ordered my 84GB micro SD card and it should be here within a day or so, and I'm looking forward to getting started.

AWESOME! Make sure you format that microSD card in either FAT32 (preferred) or NTFS. You can load it up with movies, music, etc. and it's a great way to use the system!!
InsaneAudioSupport

Previous

Return to JK1001 Installation Tech Q&A