Anyone use aMP3 App that displays track metadata or ID3 info

Get the latest software for your JK1001!
DJ.Lost

Anyone use aMP3 App that displays track metadata or ID3 info

Post by DJ.Lost » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:27 am

Hello everyone,
I have only had the JK1001 for a few days. One thing I noticed is that the MP3 App only displays the first few words of the file name. Has anyone found a way to make it display the Metadata or ID3 info for the MP3? I would be happy if I could get it to at least scroll and show the entire file name so I know what song is playing. If you have found another MP3 App that displays all the info, could you please let me know. In a perfect world I would like to see all the info displayed for each song. Stuff like the artist name, song title, and album artwork.
Thank you!

SuperRuby14

Re: Anyone use aMP3 App that displays track metadata or ID3

Post by SuperRuby14 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:38 am

DJ.Lost wrote:Hello everyone,
I have only had the JK1001 for a few days. One thing I noticed is that the MP3 App only displays the first few words of the file name. Has anyone found a way to make it display the Metadata or ID3 info for the MP3? I would be happy if I could get it to at least scroll and show the entire file name so I know what song is playing. If you have found another MP3 App that displays all the info, could you please let me know. In a perfect world I would like to see all the info displayed for each song. Stuff like the artist name, song title, and album artwork.
Thank you!
Try the PowerAmp app! In my opinion, it's the best app out there for .mp3 playback. You can get it on the play store.

DJ.Lost

Post by DJ.Lost » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:58 pm

SuperRuby14 wrote:
Try the PowerAmp app! In my opinion, it's the best app out there for .mp3 playback. You can get it on the play store.

Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded PowerAmp trial and this is exactly what I was looking for. Now I have ran into another problem though. When I power on the unit on, there is no sound from PowerAmp unless I try the radio or factory MP3 player first. Also is there anyway to make PowerAmp the default music player? Thanks, I am new to the JK1001.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:26 pm

DJ.Lost wrote:
SuperRuby14 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded PowerAmp trial and this is exactly what I was looking for. Now I have ran into another problem though. When I power on the unit on, there is no sound from PowerAmp unless I try the radio or factory MP3 player first. Also is there anyway to make PowerAmp the default music player? Thanks, I am new to the JK1001.
In general, we don't have much control over 3rd party apps. Meaning -- some of them decide to initialize audio drivers properly, some don't. When you launch any one of your stock Insane Audio apps (radio, music player, etc) then it will properly initialize the audio drivers and shut down properly. So unfortunately, you may need to launch one of our apps before using a 3rd party one. We've noticed this in certain versions of Pandora as well.

That being said.. you might want to try the RK3066 head unit app as it has a few features that play around with audio drivers and might be able to get PowerAmp working all by itself. The app is available here -- http://insanejeepaudio.com/APK/ Please note that this app is unsupported and it's a developer tool for the SDK that we're using. But.. it works pretty well. :)