JK1001 Update 1.3

Get the latest software for your JK1001!
Post Reply
scolumbo
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:56 am

JK1001 Update 1.3

Post by scolumbo » Sat May 09, 2015 8:10 am

Although I have an android phone not an iPhone, I have the issue with the phonebook names not displaying correctly. I see there was a minor update to fix this for iPhone users (Update 1.2b). After looking at the software updates, I realized I didn't even have Update 1.1 installed, so I look in the update directory and there is an Update 1.3 dated April 17, 2015. Although there is no information on this update in this forum or in the update directory, I assume this has all issues addressed in previous updates so I installed Update 1.3.

While the update went smoothly (although long and tedious), after re-installing all the apps, settings, etc. I resynched my phone contacts and the names are still screwed up. Did 1.3 not include the phonebook fix from 1.2b? Or did 1.2b not fix the problem for android phone users?

It took at least an hour to perform this update and reinstall everything. There really needs to be an easier path to install updates. Also, it would be good to publish release notes or an announcement with each update with information on what it contains.

InsaneAudioSupport2
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Re: JK1001 Update 1.3

Post by InsaneAudioSupport2 » Tue May 12, 2015 10:55 am

scolumbo wrote:Although I have an android phone not an iPhone, I have the issue with the phonebook names not displaying correctly. I see there was a minor update to fix this for iPhone users (Update 1.2b). After looking at the software updates, I realized I didn't even have Update 1.1 installed, so I look in the update directory and there is an Update 1.3 dated April 17, 2015. Although there is no information on this update in this forum or in the update directory, I assume this has all issues addressed in previous updates so I installed Update 1.3.

While the update went smoothly (although long and tedious), after re-installing all the apps, settings, etc. I resynched my phone contacts and the names are still screwed up. Did 1.3 not include the phonebook fix from 1.2b? Or did 1.2b not fix the problem for android phone users?

It took at least an hour to perform this update and reinstall everything. There really needs to be an easier path to install updates. Also, it would be good to publish release notes or an announcement with each update with information on what it contains.
Hello Scolumbo, sorry for the delayed response. Please hit up our support guys at support@insanejeepaudio.com and we will get you working perfectly.

scolumbo
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:56 am

Re: JK1001 Update 1.3

Post by scolumbo » Tue May 12, 2015 6:28 pm

Just as a follow-up, I did contact support via e-mail and got an almost immediate response with a new update (Update 2.0). Installed the update and now the contact names display correctly. I noticed some other new features with the update. While the update process is tedious, it's good to see you're continuing to improve an already great product.

Post Reply