JK1001 Software Update v2.0 is available now!!!

Get the latest software for your JK1001!
InsaneAudioSupport

JK1001 Software Update v2.0 is available now!!!

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sun May 17, 2015 7:49 pm

JK1001 Software Update v2.0 is available now!!

Insane Audio is proud to present version 2.0 of the JK1001’s core software. While some companies may say “don’t fix something that ain’t broke”, here at Insane Audio we say “forget that!” We believe in continuously improving our product and believe that if we can make it better then we certainly will. Our latest version of software will take your JK1001 to the next level of awesome.

The first thing you’ll likely notice with v2.0 is that we’ve added a 9 band Graphic Equalizer along with several enhancements to our core audio processing module. The latter means that you’ll get even better sound quality out of your JK1001 and our new EQ will give you far more control over your sound.

You’ll also notice a new drop down menu bar that gives easy access to things like controlling screen brightness, or accessing the new EQ controls.

…but wait! There’s more! V2.0 of Insane Audio’s JK1001 software is fully integrated with a new version of Android! That’s right. We’re providing an update to Android v4.4 (Kit Kat) for free. Why? Because we can. That’s why.

Our software engineers have done an outstanding job integrating our custom drivers with Android 4.4 to provide a seamless customer experience. You’ll notice everything to be smoother, faster and more interactive. Yeah. We know. More awesomeness.

V2.0 of our software is available now. The following instructions will get you rocking and rolling -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/JK1001_U ... ns_2.0.pdf

Here at Insane Audio, we want to keep your JK1001 updated with all the latest and greatest features. So as a customer of ours, you will always receive all core software updates absolutely free! Just remember to check for new updates and great ideas on our forum -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

Thanks for being our customers and keep on rocking your rig with Insane Audio!

InSaNe AuDio Support Staff

“One small step for Insane Audio is one giant leap for Jeep owners.” – E.C. Segar (not a real quote)

JeepJenni33

Re: JK1001 Software Update v2.0 is available now!!!

Post by JeepJenni33 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:40 am

I updated my software to 2.0 now my steering controls are off again. I did the CanBus update several months ago, so do I just need to find a file and reopen it so get the controls to work or do I need to email support and get them to send me another Canbus update.

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Mon May 18, 2015 10:54 am

JeepJenni33 wrote:I updated my software to 2.0 now my steering controls are off again. I did the CanBus update several months ago, so do I just need to find a file and reopen it so get the controls to work or do I need to email support and get them to send me another Canbus update.
Hi, there. Hit up our support guys. You don't need them to mail you anything but for some specific applications you may need to change a factory setting. They'll send you instructions. support@insanejeepaudio.com

JeepJenni33

Post by JeepJenni33 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Thanls

AmpdRubicon

Post by AmpdRubicon » Wed May 20, 2015 7:41 am

Same here. Did update, controls no longer work.

InsaneAudioSupport2

Post by InsaneAudioSupport2 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:28 am

AmpdRubicon wrote:Same here. Did update, controls no longer work.
Go ahead and hit up our support guys. They will get you all fixed up. Again that is support@insanejeepaudio.com

GordonSmith

Post by GordonSmith » Wed May 20, 2015 9:13 am

It seems as though a few people have run into that. Once the support guys help figure out the issue (and I'm sure they will), please post the results here.

Thanks!

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Thu May 21, 2015 8:46 am

GordonSmith wrote:It seems as though a few people have run into that. Once the support guys help figure out the issue (and I'm sure they will), please post the results here.

Thanks!
Hey, Gordon. We understand this issue well... but are intentionally not posting it on the forum. There is a minor setting change (takes about 10 seconds to make) but it depends on the specific vehicle/application. The change is in our factory options section and we really don't want folks going in there and messing around with settings as you can create some bigger issues if you're not 100% sure what you're doing.

So... v2.0 of our software update will work for 99% of the folks out there flawlessly, but the remaining 1% who have issues with their steering wheel controls just need to hit up our support guys. They'll check a setting with you to make sure they know what category you fall in and likely have you make a minor change in the factory options. This is intentional -- we don't want to post things on the forum that might result in folks going off and making settings that don't apply to their particular application (thus creating more issues).

The bottom line -- v2.0 is ready to rock, has been fully tested and works on EVERYONE with a JK1001! If you have any problems with steering wheel controls (or any other issues), just hit up our support staff and they'll get you going immediately. support@insanejeepaudio.com

GordonSmith

Post by GordonSmith » Thu May 21, 2015 11:43 am

Understood perfectly! I work in the software industry also so I "get it" (reduces # of accidental mistakes, lessens your support burden, etc.).

Thanks - I'm really looking forward to the upgrade! My new jeep arrives in a week. The JK1001 sitting here is one of the first installs I'm doing to it.

SuperRuby14

Post by SuperRuby14 » Sun May 31, 2015 6:56 pm

Hell yeah! Just installed this and works great! LOVE the new EQ!!! Also really dig the fact that I can access it from the drop down menu and don't have to go all the way through the settings menu anymore just to bring the bass up a little bit.

You guys rock! I friggin' love my Insane Audio!