JK1001 Software Update v2.0 is available now!!!

Get the latest software for your JK1001!
GordonSmith

Re: JK1001 Software Update v2.0 is available now!!!

Post by GordonSmith » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:07 pm

GordonSmith wrote:Understood perfectly! I work in the software industry also so I "get it" (reduces # of accidental mistakes, lessens your support burden, etc.).

Thanks - I'm really looking forward to the upgrade! My new jeep arrives in a week. The JK1001 sitting here is one of the first installs I'm doing to it.
An update... My situation unfortunately landed in the low % of those affected. Once I upgraded, my steering controls no longer worked. I didn't notice until driving for lunch on Friday and then I forgot to send an email to support until late in the day (roughly 10 mins before when I guessed their workday ended). Guess what? They answered my email on Friday and asked follow-up questions. I was fully expecting not to hear from them until Monday (it's not THAT serious of a problem afterall). They asked another question or 2 Saturday morning and by Saturday lunch I was fully functional again. Easy sneezy.

Amazing support all around. You know... if you keep doing this, you're going to attract and keep a lot of customers! :lol:

bluesparky

Post by bluesparky » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:58 am

I was wondering if there were any modifications to the radio with the new version? Especially the AMS buttons and the steering wheel controls being more like the factory original buttons?

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:26 pm

bluesparky wrote:I was wondering if there were any modifications to the radio with the new version? Especially the AMS buttons and the steering wheel controls being more like the factory original buttons?
The AMS button continues to function as designed and will pre-program your radio presets based on available stations. There are no changes to steering wheel controls but they still should work... just a little different then the factory setup. That's because the JK1001 is a fundamentally different system then OEM.

Is there something in particular with your steering wheel controls that you'd like to change?

jooboo

Post by jooboo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:47 am

so i extracted the update onto my micro sd...removed gps micro sd...plugged in the micro sd with update...powered on...no update?

InsaneAudioSupport2

Post by InsaneAudioSupport2 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:18 pm

jooboo wrote:so i extracted the update onto my micro sd...removed gps micro sd...plugged in the micro sd with update...powered on...no update?
Hello, it is very important that you have all three update files separate in your microSD card. Make sure that these three files are not in a folder, but instead are "free" in your microSD card. Your JK1001 can also take a couple minutes to prompt you to update your software, please be patient. If your JK1001 still does not prompt you, please hit up our support staff -- support@insanejeepaudio.com -- they would love to get you all fixed up!