JK1001 Software Update v2.1.1 is available now!!

Get the latest software for your JK1001!
InsaneAudioSupport

JK1001 Software Update v2.1.1 is available now!!

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:23 pm

Insane Audio is proud to release version 2.1.1 of the JK1001’s core software. As always, all Insane Audio customers receive lifetime technical support and free software updates. Software updates include bug fixes as well as some new features and functionality that we decide to throw in. Why? Because we’re Insane Audio and we kick ass. That’s why. :D

New features include:
  • • Better iPod integration
    • Ability to swap bass and treble controls for certain factory sound system configurations
    • New interface under settings->extra settings that allows users to configure a custom sleep time
    • Some minor bug fixes
The custom sleep time functionality allows you to configure how long you want the system to remain in hibernation mode after the key has been removed from the ignition. We encourage customers to play around with this and select what works best for them. A longer sleep time will place a small drain on your battery but is great if you’re the type of person who drives around town running errands but don’t want to keep waiting for your JK1001 to boot up every time you jump in your Jeep. A short sleep time is great if you’re battery is on its last legs and you want to preserve as much juice as you can.

V2.1 of our software is available now! Here is what you need to do to get everything installed –
  • • Go here -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/JK1001_UPDATES/
    • Save a copy of JK1001_Update_2.1.1.zip locally on your computer
    • Decompress the .zip file and store the two files on a blank microSD card (mcu.img and update.img) Note that your microSD card will need to be formatted in FAT32 for this update to work!
    • On your JK1001, first shut down Insane NavEngine gracefully (i.e. exit the app) then power off your vehicle. Wait 5 min or so (for your JK1001 to fully power down).
    • Remove your Insane NavEngine GPS card and replace it with your upgrade card
    • Turn on your unit but hold down the power button. Keep holding the power button until the system flashes an indicator. Then you can release the power button and you’ll come up to a special menu.
    • Use the seek knob to select “Update system/MCU image from SDCARD and Clear All”. Hold the power button to select and this will apply the update.
    • When the system is all done with the update, remove your update microSD card and re-insert your GPS card.
Next, we just need to re-install a few of the factory apps –
  • • When your JK1001 is fully booted up, click on the “six pack”, swipe to the right, then click on the settings icon. Scroll down and select “Security”. Check the box next to Unknown Sources to allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Click OK on the pop-up window.
    • Re-insert your GPS card if you haven’t already. From the home menu, click on the file manager, select the GPS card (on the left), then go into the Insane_NavEngine folder. In here, click on the iGO.apk. Scroll to the bottom and click on install.
    • From the home menu, click on the “six pack”, find the OEM icon, go to the apk folder and click on torque.apk to re-install the Torque application. You’ll then need to setup torque again (refer to the JK1001’s Quick Start Guide if you don’t remember how to do this)
    That’s all there is to it!
Here at Insane Audio, we want to keep your JK1001 updated with all the latest and greatest features. Just remember to check for new updates from time to time right here on our forum -- http://www.insanejeepaudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

Thanks for being our customers and keep on rocking your rig with Insane Audio!

InSaNe AuDio Support Staff

jkrichard

Re: JK1001 Software Update v2.1.1 is available now!!

Post by jkrichard » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:30 am

Annnnddd updated!!

sting_nc_usa

Post by sting_nc_usa » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:40 pm

A heads up that the update wipes all apps and settings would have been nice. Lost everything... Update worked, though I have some work ahead of me to get things back where they were.

Bteixeira02

Post by Bteixeira02 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:46 pm

Is there a way to tell the current version of the unit?

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:28 am

Bteixeira02 wrote:Is there a way to tell the current version of the unit?

There certainly is. Under settings -> about machine you'll see a build number. V2.1.1 of our software is rk3066-eng4.4.4 18012016.09:52:38.

While that may seem like a bunch of gobbledygook... it actually means something. RK3066 is the chipset and software devleopment pack we use , eng4.4.4. shows that it's an English compilation of Android 4.4.4 and the last bit is a date and time. So... in this case... V2.1.1 was technically built on the 18th of January, 2016 at percisely 9:52am.

So.. if your build number is BEFORE Jan 18th of this year, then you are on an older software version.

Keep in mind that upgrades are "nice to have" and certainly aren't necessary. But, if you want to take advantage of a few bug fixes and extra bells and whistles then they'll always be available here and will always be free.

Hope that helps!

Bteixeira02

Post by Bteixeira02 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Yeah that helps. I figured it was buried in there somewhere and I just didn't know exactly what to look for!

Dragonstick

Post by Dragonstick » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Now all I need is a PC not a Mac witch I have :cry: :cry: :cry:

InsaneAudioSupport

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Dragonstick wrote:Now all I need is a PC not a Mac witch I have :cry: :cry: :cry:
You shouldn't need a PC to update your JK1001's software. Simply decompress and put the install files on a blank microSD card and follow the instructions. We're pretty sure you can unzip files on a Mac...

MrBill

Post by MrBill » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:50 am

I've attempted the upgrade to v2.1.1 a couple times, first time the system gave a can't read disk in drive E error, I checked and the MSD was formatted in exFAT, I did a quick reformat to NTFS and got the same results. The MSD I'm using is a 64G card. Is there a size limit that's causing this or is there something I'm missing? I'm currently in the process of reformatting (NOT Quick Format) to NTFS so see if that makes a difference.

Okay, did the LLLOOONNNGGG SSSLLLOOOWWW reformat and same results, not reading the drive. HELP!!!!!

InsaneAudioSupport3

Post by InsaneAudioSupport3 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Hey there!! Unfortunately, FAT32 is required in order to apply a software update. This is a restriction of the Android image software that we are using. If you are a Windows user then it might not let you format a large capacity card (>32GB) in FAT32. In that case, we recommend just using a smaller card to apply the update then you'll be good to go.

It's worth noting, however, that you can format that 64GB card in NTFS and it will work great in the SD slot for movies or music.

We hope that helps.

Cheers,

InSaNe AuDiO Support Staff