Install of the DD2001 in a 2008 Scion XB

Installation writeups and questions around Insane Audio's new universal Double DIN head unit!
CNTSTPDRMN

Install of the DD2001 in a 2008 Scion XB

Post by CNTSTPDRMN » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:05 pm

Got tired of my JVC radio and invested in this killer Insane audio radio. Here are pix of the install, even used some high-tech gadgets to do the install, a mallet to flatten the factory bracket and wire hanger to run the GPS antenna wire for the Nav system. Did the install in a little over an hour, reused the metra harness that was attached to the existing radio, and also kept the bluetooth mic as well in the A-Pillar. The radio has a mic built in, but in my experience, mounting a mic in the A-pillar or above the steering column works ok.

Here's a link to a photo album of the install, I'm still playing around with the unit, I really love the OBDII bluetooth device so I can view trouble codes on the unit and see the detailed gauges using the Tourqe app! This radio sounds great, I'm still working with the apps and other features, I would recommend this radio to anyone wanting to replace their factory radio.
Pix: https://photos.app.goo.gl/IYt4KW5qOBjINCe22
Cheers, Michael - Norco, Ca.

InsaneAudioSupport

Re: Install of the DD2001 in a 2008 Scion XB

Post by InsaneAudioSupport » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:38 am

Nice! Thanks for sharing! :)

BurchSung

Post by BurchSung » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:15 am

Hi...i am a new user here. In my case the buttons are all still working but the volume is not adjusting. I have changed the batteries but it doesn't work either. On the iPhone everything works fine. I don't want to open the remote.

seo expert
Last edited by BurchSung on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

InSaNeAuDiOSupport5

Post by InSaNeAuDiOSupport5 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:02 am

@BurchSung, have you installed a DD2001 in a Scion? What batteries are you referring to? What remote are you referring to? If you have questions about an Insane Audio product, please get in touch with our friendly, knowledgable support staff, available 7 days a week, at insaneaudio.com/support. Cheers!